Established in 2021
Hdrina Relief Organization
Hdrina is a locally registered humanitarian organization established in April 2021 by few female volunteers who were concerned and hence aspired to contribute their part by providing humanitarian assistance for people in Tigray.
Our main areas of focus are nutrition, health, development and women empowerment
Mission – to recognize, react and to serve as advocates to provide sustainable food for people in need by promoting sustainable development and livelihoods
Vision – to create a life free from hunger and malnutrition where all people enjoy equitable access to development and benefits
Goal – to bring sustainable improvement in food insecure operational areas of Hdrina.
⁃ Atsbi wemberta
⁃ Hagere selam
⁃ To improve the health and nutrition status of children in tigray
⁃ To strengthen household livelihoods
⁃ To promote empowerment of women
⁃ To promote sustainable development in the region.
• provision of daily nutritious meal and palliative care for 90 chronically ill children and elderly in IDP site for 16 months
• Provided training and total of 73,016 seedlings of mixed vegetables like lettuce, Swiss chard, pepper, sweet potato, cabbage, tomato & fertilizer to 846 households in sebacare4 IDP site Mekelle, 90 GBV survivors in Hawzen & 190 GBV survivors in Samre in cooperation with Ahwatna relief, Tigray bio technology center, Tigray women’s association and Bureau of agriculture
• Provide 356 farm tools like watering can, shovel & hoe to 100 (1 to 6) network in sebacare4 IDP site Mekelle in cooperation with REST.
• Provision of 2 round supplementary food and fortified blended food items for 26 malnourished & chronically ill children aged from 5-16 in cooperation with SOS.
• Distributed 100kg rice and 100kg corn flour for 28 chronically ill individuals and 20 malnourished children under 5 in the host community of Mekelle 06 kebele In collaboration with Tigray National Disaster Risk Management Commission.
• Monthly cash transfer for the most vulnerable individual in the host community and IDPs
• We’re helping build a house in kebele 06 for a homeless mother living on the street for years
• Distributed blankets for over 300 female headed household IDP sheltered in lachi
• Arranged and delivered cereals & dry food to the elderly IDPs who are victims of the current humanitarian crisis & cannot visit aid distribution centers in person due to their health conditions & mobility issues in Nebelet
• Cash support and MHPSS for 110 GBV survivors in Samre & Dengolat in collaboration with Omna Tigray
• Emergency feeding program in sebacare4 IDP site
• Urban gardening project
• Women empowerment project for GBV survivors & commercial sex workers.
• Production of locally blended nutritious food for children under 5 & pregnant & lactating women
Plans and initiatives
• To help in the fight against malnutrition by providing alternative solutions within the regional state of Tigray
• To increase all our activities both in volume and size by forming partnerships with NGOs that align with our organizational visions
• To provide assistance to most vulnerable and less prioritized groups as street children, commercial sex workers, disabled, chronically ill and IDPs
• To have international influence and grow our organization
Your donation goes where it is needed most. Humanitarian needs are enormous around Tigray, but together we can address them.
Hdrina Relief Organization
- to recognize, react, and to serve as advocates to provide sustainable food for people in need by promoting sustainable development and livelihoods
- to create a life free from hunger and malnutrition where all people enjoy equitable access to development and benefits